Many of us are familiar with the Wi-Fi audio offerings by Sonos, but did you know that Denon has added the HEOS range of Wi-Fi speakers to its arsenal, taking a shot at Sonos’s crown? HEOS is Denon’s line of home Wi-Fi audio takes its cues from the established Sonos approach of Wi-Fi capable speaker systems, controlled via Andriod or iOS apps. Not only are the core product offerings similar, but the pricing is, too.
- Both offer easy-to-add Wi-Fi speakers that you can control via free downloadable apps.
- Both are excellent choices for the discerning audiophile, or anyone looking to upgrade their home audio system this season.
- Both offer aesthetically pleasing designs that will fit in with any home decor.
Where playability, ease-of-use, and sound quality, the two competitors are extremely comparable.
Here’s where the new HEOS breaks away: where Sonos can only connect to Control4, the HEOS can integrate with your Control4, Crestron, UFC, or Savant home control system. That makes a huge difference if you’re planning to upgrade your existing system!
Since HEOS is the new kid on the block, let’s take a closer look at what they’re offering:
- Absolutely amazing sound from a discreet and stylish powerhouse.
- Handle allows easy portability wherever you need great sound.
- Two custom-designed tweeters.
- Two mid-woofers and a passive radiator powered by 4 dedicated Class D amplifiers.
- Portable and the perfect place to start.
- Versatile horizontal or vertical placement.
- Use 2 for a perfectly synchronized stereo pair.
- Dual custom full range drivers powered by 2 dedicated Class D amplifiers.
Can’t decide? Come to our showroom for a demo! We have all 3 of the new HEOS speakers in stock at all three store locations!